If you're like many homeowners, there's probably been a break-in in your neighborhood at some point and it made you think about installing a security system. In the United States, there are over two million home burglaries reported every year, so it's wise to consider some type of alarm. If you're on the fence about the investment, consider some reasons why a security system may benefit you and your family.
- The police are called automatically when the alarm goes off, saving time and increasing your chance for a quick response. In many cases, intruders may flee from the scene, saving you the hassle of a home insurance claim due to damage or theft.
- When the fire alarm goes off, it notifies the fire department immediately. Because of a faster response time, there is often less loss of life and property.
- Carbon monoxide detectors also alert officials who will come to your assistance, possibly saving lives.
- Intruders may pass on your home when they see the signs alerting them that there is a security system installed.
- Many break-ins happen during the day, so whether you're out of town or just gone for the day, you can still be sure that your house is secure.
- A security system may lower your home insurance premium by up to 20 percent. Since these systems are known to prevent and reduce claims, insurance companies can pass the savings on to you.
The time to invest in a security system is before an incident happens. Homes without alarms are broken into three times more often than homes equipped with a security system. Even if you live in a safe neighborhood, a house alarm will provide an extra layer of protection to keep you, your family and your possessions safe from harm.
Protect your property. Call Blackmore-Rowe Insurance at 800-282-9766 for more information on home insurance.