Auto Insurance in Byron, MI and Surrounding Areas
Auto Insurance Information
Your vehicle can be a relatively expensive investment that is exposed to many potential losses out of your control. At Blackmore-Rowe Insurance, we’ll help you get the auto insurance you need. Contact us today to get started.
Insurance for the Vehicle You Rely on Daily
A car or truck is often your biggest asset aside from your home. Auto insurance helps protect against potentially significant financial losses that may arise through accidents or other covered incidents.
What Auto Insurance Coverage Should I have?
Each individual’s auto insurance needs are different, and it is essential to ensure you are complying with applicable state laws. For example, in Michigan, drivers are generally required to have minimum amounts of residual bodily injury and property damage liability (BI/PD) coverage for when they are legally responsible for others’ bodily injuries or property damage due to an accident; personal injury protection (PIP) to help pay for their and their passengers’ medical expenses and lost wages after a wreck; and property protection insurance (PPI) for the damage their car may cause to the property of other people (e.g., fences) or parked cars.
How Much Auto Insurance Should I have?
Carrying more than the minimum required amounts and types of insurance is often recommended to help ensure you are adequately covered. Common types of auto insurance coverage include:
- Collision insurance—This provides coverage for damage to your car caused by accidents or collisions with objects (e.g., signs)
- Comprehensive insurance—This provides coverage for damage or losses caused by noncollision incidents (e.g., theft and fires)
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance—This provides coverage if you are in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have adequate insurance to cover the resulting damages.
- Limited property damage liability insurance (“mini-tort”)—If you are 50% or more at fault in an accident, this can help pay for the other driver’s deductible or damages to a vehicle not covered by collision insurance.
- Attendant care rider—This can provide additional coverage for attendant care over the amount provided by PIP.
Contact your agent for more information on options, deductibles, exclusions and limits.
Where to Get Car Insurance
The agents at Blackmore-Rowe Insurance in Durand, Michigan, are ready to help you secure the auto insurance that best fits your needs. Contact us today for more information or to get started with an auto insurance quote.